Monday, January 22, 2007

Unconditional love

What is this, I mean there's a post about love each time I sit here to write. Well, here it goes:
You see, I had this amazing change in my life. Yet, it took me a long time to realize this gift was truly amazing. Unfortunately it took loss, to uncover or rather discover this thing called unconditional love. I always thought I had nothing to give or rather not good enough to receive. I think somewhere I taught myself different.

Who/What is this gift inquiring minds may want to know....He's my puppy Astro. How silly that I would devote a post thankful for a dog, but if you only knew what he has done for my life. I mean he has provided countless hours of laughter and frustration, and better yet he forgives and forgets rather quickly so makes discipline easier, yet obnoxious.
Now, I would have to say, I'm a little more thankful for what I have,
because at one interval I almost lost the opportunity to have this in my life. I'm not sure who or what to think. However, I am eternally grateful for the lesson I have learned. For me, I have found the perfect dog, and when I first adopted him, I worried he would never ever like me because he would just growl at me. Almost 6 months later, he's my little shadow and is constantly insearch of me.

Unconditional love, it took a sweet puppy to show me something that was hidden. (As he brings me his plethora of toys, I end this for now).

No comments: