Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day weekend

I'm thankful that I was afforded this three day weekend. I mean, to not have to go to a place I am liking less and less - is a great feeling! However, the near future I will find myself back in a room number (I always forget), with 16 children who prefer to chatter unproductively than to listen. Let me tell ya, I had been spoiled the last two years. I had the opportunity to loop with my kids and they knew my expectations to the "T" and there wasn't any of this "unproductive" chatter. I'm not one to like a silent classroom, but there sure is a difference between productive talk and talking because one doesn't want to try. Nice.

I've yet to do much, and I'm leery that I only have one day off so now I'm having those "what should I have done" regrets. Basically the highlight was taking Milo to PetSmart to "FLOOD" his being with dogs to help ease his fear. And well, that wasn't so particulary fun, he barks and others quickly sweep up their dogs in their arms! He's afraid. He sounds like he's mean, but really his hair is standing up on his back. So, people there don't help much. In return, Milo will not learn as quickly becuase owners around him are sensing the fear. It's a viscious circle. Go figure, Harley is timid around people and Milo around dogs not people. Of course, my life would be complex.

So today, I might go to church. I always have good intentions, and those good intentions can sometimes well be just that. It's only 8:20 now and I have almost an hour and a half to change my mind. Unforutnately, that comes more often than not. I always do not have a good reason. LIke today, will be because I'm typing this blog and SHOULD be doing laundry or vaccuming. And well, those are far more important. So it seems. Then, sometimes at the very last moment I start playing the Wii, and then I just get into my game and well can't just get up and leave. There are lots of unknowns, but they get me everytime.

Now, I wonder if they are any good movies out, because that seems like a nice escape. Because of course, I'm always in search of something, and even when I think I have found what I'm looking for, I continue to search. Is the feeling unknown? I'm not sure what all this searching about, but indeed that's what it is. Fatigued. It's probably because its feeling lots of holes with the "wrong" stuff or thing (someone would argue). My mind is delving too deep and I could go off on another tangent soon, but I will refrain. Maybe another day.

No comments: