Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sick?

I hate being sick. The whole ordeal puts a damper on my day. Misery. If I'm not coughing, I'm trying NOT to cough. It's a miserable cycle. Here's what I don't get. I finally break down and go to the Doc in a box. I at least wanted to half way have half a weekend. So, I proceeded and was seen by a doctor for less than 5 minutes. He listened with his stethoscope and rendered a diagnosis. "Bronchitis." Just cause he was so quick, I asked how he knew...something about how the air is moving. That was it. Nice. Then, I go to check out, without insurance it was 158.00. Can you believe that? Highway robbery, seriously. No wonder our health care premiums are outrageous. That's it a stethoscope and a diagnosis for 158.00. Someone is getting cheated.

Nevertheless, medicine manifests in my system, and I think I may be on the up and up. I hope anyway. My kids feel really sorry for me, and offer that i come to their house so their parents can give me medicine. Sweet, but annoying. After, having to say at least 20 times a day, I'll be fine. Hello, that "I'll be fine" just wasted 2 minutes of instruction time! :) It's a tight ship these days.

Well, for now, sadly that is all I know. I know the cowboys play tonight. I know that I left my sunglasses at Kohl's and they had not been returned. That's sad to me. So, off I go again to invest in another pair. Yep, keeping it simple, yet real.

Until next time.

No comments: