Saturday, June 11, 2005

Dear One

Dear One,
Your life is filled with so many things-so many people and plans and places and appointments. You rise early, and you go to bed late. And though you may stop and turn to Me briefly, in only a moment you are off again into your own thoughts and imaginations and pursuits.
Do you think that I am part of one world and not of another? Do you think that I Am the God of prayers and church and not the God of business and relationships? Don't you know that there is no place you can go apart from My Spirit- that My presence goes with you always?
If you go up to heaven, I am there. if you sink to the depths, I am there also. If you fly to the far side of the ocean, I am still there. There is no darkness so deep that My light cannot penetrate and dispel it.
Oh how I long for the time when you will welcome Me into every boardroom and living room, every conference and conversation. I want to be your confidant. I want to be your closest friend.
I want to be your God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Where can I go to get away from Your Spirit?
Where can I run from You?
If I go to the heavens, you are there.
If I lie down in the grave, you are there.
If I rise with he sun in the East and settle in the west beyond the sea, even there you would guide me.
With Your right hand You would hold me.
I could say, "The darkness will hide me. Let the light around me turn into night." But even the darkness is not dark to you. The night is as light as the day; darkness and light are the same to You.
Psalm 139:7-12

No comments: