Sunday, June 12, 2005

Delighted Dad

Dear Child,
You look for great ways to bring Me glory. You feel frustrated and somehow stuck in the ordinary things of life. Know this: I delight in the ordinary. I delight in a life lived simply and obediently before Me. When you choose to embrace the small struggles and simple pleasures of this one day, you honor Me. You cannot offer higher praise to Me than the praise of a calm and joyous life. Do each small task as an offering to Me, for I see and appreciate your work. Enter into each conversation with a determination to let My Words come out through you, for I hear and delight in such conversation. In this way, the most common life becomes extraordinary. The simplest day becomes holy.
I am with you in this ordinary day.
God
Diligent child,

Yes, it has been hard, I know,but that tough training period is nearly over now. As I told you before, I have made use of these months to prepare you for promotion-not to punish you. I have been trusting you to trust Me. Thank you for trusting! I realize it has not been easy.
I especially want to thank you for listening for My voice when all those other conflicting voices arose. I know how hard it was-especially when all the others thought they were hearing from Me and kept telling you that you were not. But you were, child. Believe Me, you were! because you wanted My will above all else, you walked in My Will.
Now do you see the fruit of those days? You have learned to hear My voice above all the clamor and you are stronger- more resilient . Anyone who really knows you can see it. How can I describe MY joy? At last! You chose to stand fast. You set your heart to trust Me, even in those times when the enemy told you I has left you and you had missed the way.
And what about you tantrums? I never took them seriously. They certainly never offended Me. As is often the case with My children, the frustration expressed by your lips had nothing to do with the deeper faith of your heart, expressed by your will. When you told Me you were trusting and then willed to walk on with Me, I took you at your word. I admit , you did ask your fair share of hard questions. But consider My servant Job. Did he not do the same? My assessment is: in all your railing and flailing you never sinned, though We both know your patience did wear thin at times. Dangerously thin. But after all, you were being stretched to your very limits, were you not? I think so.
Stop feeling guilty and enjoy your rest. The rest is a part of the training too. New joys, new powers and new conquests await you, but I do want you prepared to enjoy them!
Delightedly,Dad

No comments: